A unique and interesting assortment of frozen vegetables that streamlines the preparation of the family pleasing stir fry recipe.
* Note – You can use fresh vegetables for this recipe.
adjust cooking time so they are the crispness you want.
- Ingredients1 3-ounce can chow mein noodles or rice noodles
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon apricot or peach jam or preserves
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon corn starch
12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breast
2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 350′ – pour chow mein or rice noodles into an ungreased baking pan; heat in oven for 5 minutes meanwhile , for sauce stir together soy sauce, jam,vinegar and corn starch in a small bowl: set aside
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 1 inch pieces; set aside. Pour half of the oil into a wok or large skillet. Preheat over medium high heat. Add frozen vegetables and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp and tender. Remove from the wok
- Add the remaining oil to the wok. add chicken ; stir fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Push chicken from center of wok. Stir sauce; add to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Return the cooked vegetables to the wok; stir to coat all ingredients. cook ans stir about 1 minute or until heated through. Serve immediately over noodles. Makes 4 servings.