On those occasions when I need to cook for acquaintances of any kind I enjoy creating something that is warming and homemade, something that makes the world believe that I am a true southern girl. This Southern Pecan Pie is the perfect option for me no matter who I am cooking for, and I love the fact that it serves 8 to 10 individuals!
- 10-inch Cast-iron pie pan
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Large bowl
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted then cooled to room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bourbon or vanilla extract
- 1/2 of a 14.1 oz refrigerated package of pie crust
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Start by preheating the oven to 325 degrees.
- Fit the pie crust into a cast-iron pan (10-inch) and sprinkle it with powdered sugar.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl until they are foamy, then add all remaining ingredients except for the pecan halves.
- Pour mixture over crust and top with pecan halves.
- Bake for 30 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Turn off oven and let pie stand inside for 3 hours.
When you are finished with the pie and ready to serve it consider mixing up a batch of fresh whipped cream to use as a garnish on top for added deliciousness and beauty.
You are going to impress all of your friends and family members when you show up at the next gathering that they have planned with a pecan pie in hand. This recipe is something that you can use to show the world just how accomplished you are when it comes to baking.