I love me a hearty, homemade muffin in the morning! For me, nothing beats starting the day with a fresh, soft muffin and a good cup of coffee, so when I stumbled across this super-easy recipe for Morning Glory Muffins (my all-time favorite), I just knew I had to give it a try! The great thing is, not only are these muffins simple to make, they freeze well too, making them a hit in my busy household!
- Cast Iron Muffin Pan(s)
- Large Mixing Bowl x2
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Apple Peeler
- Paring Knife
- Wooden mixing spoon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut
- 1 apple – peeled, cored and coarsely shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Lightly grease muffin pans with butter or vegetable shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt)
- Add in the carrot, raisins, walnuts, shredded coconut and apple – mix thoroughly
- In the 2nd mixing bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla until well blended
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix using the wooden spoon until all the flour is completely mixed in
- Divide the batter between the 12 prepared muffin cups
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean
For super-moist muffins, soak your raisins in warm water for 30 minutes then drain before using – this plumps and softens up the raisins.
Skip The Drive-Thru!
Why not whip up a batch of these super-tasty, satisfying Morning Glory Muffins today! Once you’ve tried these fabulous, healthy treats, you’ll never want to buy another boring ’ole pastry from your local drive-thru!