Sweet & sour chicken with peanuts recipe from the kitchen of Iron Cooker
With so many recipes going around we would like to share one of our very own with you. It is one we enjoy and think you will too.
You will need a 12 inch cast iron skillet or larger for this recipe.
Iron Cookers sweet & sour chicken
1 large chicken breast
½ cup milk
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup water
4 rings pineapple cut from a fresh pineapple
½ cup fine smashed peanuts
2 cups mixed vegetables of your choice
½ cup lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
1. Place chicken breast and milk in a quart size plastic storage bag in your refrigerator for one hour before starting.
2. Remove and cut in small chunks
3. Replace to bag with ½ cup of Hawaiian marinade and leave ½ hour.
4. Meanwhile prepare your pineapple by cutting in small pieces.
5. Smash your peanuts into very little chunks.
6. In a small bowl add water and brown sugar together until it turns into syrup. Adjust amount of water to attain desired consistency.
7. Slowly fry chicken in olive oil stirring until cooked through
8. Add vegetables and cook until tender on low heat
9. Stir in pineapple and brown sugar mixture.
10. Sprinkle peanuts on top