Chicken Rice Casserole Recipes
Basque Chicken and Rice Casserole is a world famous dish. This chicken rice casserole recipe is full of flavor. Make this chicken and rice recipe todayto discover just how tasty chicken casserole can really be.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds chicken, cut up
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, cored seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a deep stove-top Cast iron Dutch oven and add the oil and chicken. Brown pieces well and then remove to a platter.
- Leave the oil in the pan. Add to the pan and garlic, yellow onion, and green pepper. Saute until the onion is clear and then deglaze the pan with 1/4
- Return the chicken to the pot and add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, cover the pot, and turn down to a simmer. Cook for 25 minutes, or until rice is just tender.