Sometimes when I wake up, I love to give myself a good treat. This happens mostly during weekends when I love to pamper myself after a hectic weekday. During such times, the only thing I crave for is a delicious blueberry biscuit cake. This cake is so good it melts in your mouth. The cake has a rich blueberry flavor and has a way of making my mornings perfect. It is easy to make and gives a serving of four.
- 2 c Biscuit Mix
- 2/3 c Milk
- 4 tsp Sugar
- 1 cn #2, Blueberries
- Begin by preheating the Dutch oven to 400 F for 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly stir the milk and biscuit mix with a fork until they incorporate sufficiently.
- Pour out half the dough to fit the bottom of a greased 7-8″ round baking pan.
- Sprinkle two tsp. of sugar over the dough.
- Drain the blueberries while collecting the juice in a container.
- Put the blueberries in the oven.
- Form remaining dough into a ½” sheet and cover berries.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 tsp of sugar on the dough.
- Tuck in the sides and pour the liquid from the berries on top.
- Set in the Dutch oven on a spacer to raise the baking pan off the bottom.
- Bake 20-30 minutes with 8-10 coals below and with 12 or more on top until golden and serve immediately.
For biscuits with a more golden brown look, brush the biscuits with a egg wash of 1 egg and 1tsp of water before baking and sprinkle some sugar on top of the egg wash.
Try this for a delightful taste that will leave a lasting impression. You will realize that you just can’t get enough of the finger licking blueberry flavored cake.