A country pot roast
We have had several request for a good dutch oven pot roast recipe
that can be made at home or at a campground site wile camping with your family.
This is a recent recipe that was posted on about.com
We hope you enjoy cooking in cast iron Dutch ovens as much as we do.
- 3- to 4-pound beef pot roast
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef bouillon cube or base
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 12 to 18 small white onions, peeled
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and quartered
- Sour cream gravy:
- 1 1/3 cups drippings
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
Prepare sour cream gravy:
Pour drippings from pot roast into saucepan. Blend together flour and water. Heat drippings to boiling; gradually stir in flour and water mixture and cook, stirring constantly until gravy is thickened. Cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat and slowly stir in sour cream. Heat through, but do not boil.
Makes 6 to 8 servings. For more great recipes visit http://www.cookingplanet.info/